Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful Day 9

Today I am thankful for thoughtful friends and surprises in the mail. Today, with emailing, facebooking, text messaging, it seems like the art of letter writing has been lost. I know we are all busy, and have families, jobs, chores and a pack of wolves on our heels, but it's always nice to take 5 minutes to just sit and write a letter to someone who's been on your mind. It makes you feel good and it makes that special someone feel good too.

I love writing and receiving "snail mail" and here's why:

1. It's feels so great to know that someone in your life took the time to sit down and actually write you a letter, totally focusing on what they want to say to you.

2. I love picking out some cute stationary/card (or making my own) with that person in mind that I want to write to.

3. I get so excited when I open the mail box and I see an envelope in there addressed to me that isn't a bill or junk mail.

4. It makes me feel appreciated and thought of I know someone took time out of their busy life to sit for a few minutes and think about me.

So today I am thankful for Snail Mail and the thoughtful friends who still love to send it to me. Thanks pals!


Here's a card I made to send to a friend when I take the time to sit down and write here a little note tonight!

No comments: