Friday, July 24, 2009
Makes: 8 Prep: 20min.
Bake: 425 for 25 min.
1 lb. Rigatoni
1 can (15oz)diced tomatoes with basil, onion and garlic
1 cup fresh chopped onions
1 box (10oz) frozen chopped spinach (drained)
2 1/2 c. jarred Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs (I used Panko)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Hear oven to 425 and coat 13X9 in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta following package directions. Drain; return to pot.
Stir in tomatoes and chopped onions.
3. Cook spinach in microwave following package directions. Squeeze out moisture. Transfer to a bowl. Add Alfredo sauce, ricotta, garlic salt and pepper; stir to combine.
4. Transfer spinach mixture to pasta pot; toss to combine.
Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish.
5. Mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan and oil. Sprinkle over pasta.
Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Any mommies out there want/need one? Go check out Two of a Kind Working on a Full House's blog.
They are giving away an AWESOME Glider from Stork Craft
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I created a journal. Everyone at the shower will have a page to write to the Bride-to-be. They can write words of wisdom and advice, sweet memories, blessings etc. That way the bride can always come back to this journal in times of need or every now and again, read the advice and words on encouragement her friends once gave her. Since there are several pages the bride can also come back to this journal and record her own thoughts, tips and advice about marriage that she may want to remember as she experiences them.
Here's the journal:
Each inside page:
The back cover:
Monday, July 13, 2009
I altered the recipe because I couldn't find regular sized pitas. However.... here is the full recipe. Thank you allrecipes.com .
* 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads
* 1 (6 ounce) tub sun-dried tomato pesto
* 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
* 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread, and place them pesto side up on a baking sheet.
Top with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven or until pita breads are crisp. Cut into quarters and serve.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
*Strawberries cut in halves or fourths
*mini chocolate chips.
Layer anyway you want to!
Friday, July 10, 2009
1 bag (16 oz ) coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
1/2 cup sweet-spicy French dressing
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/4 medium)
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup coarsely chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
1. In 2-quart bowl, mix coleslaw mix and dressing.
Top with bell pepper, cilantro and peanuts.
2. Just before serving, toss salad.
OH SO GOOD Chicken Salad
* 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
* 1 cup mayonnaise (I am not a mayo fan so I didn't use this much)
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
* ground black pepper to taste
(I also added Greek Seasoning)
1. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise with paprika and seasoned salt.
Blend in dried cranberries, celery, bell pepper, onion, and nuts.
Add chopped chicken, and mix well.
Season with black pepper to taste. Chill 1 hour.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Here is the layout I’m going to use as mine for her album. I made a pocket for my recipe to go in, so she can take it out and use it or copy it down so she doesn’t have to keep pulling it out. I am also going to fill in the blank yellow areas with our names (on the left) and the name of the recipe on the right or maybe a cute little quote.
*Edit, I just realized you can only see half of it... I'll have to figure out how to show it all. If you double click on the image you'll get to see the full picture.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
If you'd like to win one head on over to this blog: Two of a kind,working on a full house. and enter!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
12 oz. strawberries, hulled and cut into ¼ inch dice (2 cups)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ c. plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2c. all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon coarse salt
3oz. (6 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2/3c. heavy cream
Standing Sugar for sprinkling (crystal sprinkles)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Hull strawberries and cut into 1/4 pieces.
Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 7 tablespoons of sugar in a large bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and dump in bowl. Mix with hands until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in cream until dough starts to come together, then stir in strawberry mixture.
2. Using a 1 ½ ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto a parchment papered baking sheet. Be sure to evenly space apart the dough balls.
Sprinkle with sanding sugar and bake until golden brown (24-25 minutes).
Transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool.
Serve after cooled or store covered for a few days only (fresh strawberries remember) at room temp.
1c. (2 sticks) butter @ room temp.
1/2c. sifted powdered sugar (plus 1/2c for rolling dough in afterwards)
1tsp. vanilla extract
21/4c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4c. finely chopped pecans
1. Put pecans in food processor and chop until desired consistency. You want them finely chopped, but not over done.
2. In large bowl, beat butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
3. Sift together flour & salt, then stir into mixture combining well.
4. Mix in nuts.
5. Place dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
8. Place on ungreased baking sheet & press down SLIGHTLY.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes. DO NOT BROWN!
10. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
11. While dough is still warm, roll in extra confectioners sugar.
12. Let completely cool. Roll in confections sugar again.
Makes about 30!