Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Day 10

Today, I am thankful for my cousins! Growing up we didn't have much of a relationship at all. Living 2 hours and 30 minutes away, our parents never got us together more than once a year. Growing up I wanted nothing more than to have a relationship with them, and it just never happened. Over the past few years my cousins and I reconnected online and over the last year we really started doing things together. It has been amazing. I love them and their kids and really cherished the moments we spent together before I moved out of state. One of my cousin's lives in NM, and I hadn't been able to visit with her as much and waited for the days they'd come out to CA to visit her mom. They would always give me a call so I could come and hang out. Those were special times and I feel so blessed to have been thought of. Even though we're far apart, I do hope and pray that the relationship we have built with each other will continue to grow.

Today, I am thankful for you, Juli, Chrissy, Deme and Benny (and all of your little kiddos as well). Love you guys!


4 comments:

Juli Jaber said...

We are thankful for our "new" relationship, too, Stacey! =) Lots of love from San Jose! =)
~Juli

mrs.rappsclass said...

Much love to you Juli! Say hi to the kiddos for me!

Chrissy Crosno said...

We are so thankful for you, too, Stacey! Better late than never, right? Lots of love from Elk Grove. :)
Love,
Chrissy

mrs.rappsclass said...

Agreed Chrissy. Always better late than never. My life is filled with so much more joy because of you guys.