Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Review Nature Box- First Box

Recap of What Nature Box is:  They send you a box each month of healthy snacks. You can get a box of snacks they choose or you can look at the pantry online (if you create an account, not buying anything just creating an account you have access) to view all the snacks they offer. From there you can choose your full sized 1-5 of your snack bags you'll get sent to you or you can pick a few and let them pick a few for you or do what I did for my first box and let them pick them all for me. After you try snacks, if there are some you REALLY love and want every month you can add them and you'll receive a bag of that snack each month.

Not only do they give you 5 full sized bags of snacks, they also have options to only get snacks that meet your dietary needs as well which is awesome ( gluten conscious, 15g carbs or less, no sugar added,vegan,soy free,milk free,non gmo,nut free). Depending on what option you choose (buying monthly, every 3 months, etc.) will depending on how much it will cost. Obviously, the more months you buy the cheaper it is. 

Onto the review: 

Snack 1: The Coconut Date Energy Bites

These little guys are great to curb your sweet tooth. They are sweet, soft, chewy (in a good way) and have a great coconut flavor. I taste more of the coconut than the date. If you don't like coconut, this snack is NOT for you. 

 

Snack 2: Dark Coco Nom Noms

These little chocolaty goodies are great and you only need one before you are feeling satisfied. It's almost like a chocolate rolled oat type of a cookie. It's very soft, moist and chocolatly. I don't taste the bitterness of dark coco at all, which is good. I'm not a fan of the bitter taste. 
 
                                       

Snack 3: Lemon Tea Biscuits:

These little biscuits are heavenly! They are small, and rich and a few will be all you need. They taste like a buttery shortbread cookie with a hint of lemon. They are small, but the quality ingredients really make you feel like you are eating more than you are. 

                                   

Snack 4: Black and White Granola

OH WOW, this is so amazing, sweet perfection. The Vanilla and Chocolate Granola is yumo! You could put this over some plain yogurt as a snack, or eat it by the handfuls. It reminds me of one of those sugary cereals you ate as a kid, or in my case always wanted to eat without all that guilt. I was a bit hesitant about trying this granola because when I've bought granola in the past it has been REALLY hard to crunch and my mouth would get tired of chewing. After trying this, I am going to assume that all the granola I had been buying was stale???? What do you think? 





Snack 5: Salt and Pepper Lentil Loops

Ok, I've had lentil "chips" before and loved them, so I thought great this is right up my alley. I am going to tell you that these cute little spirals are great. It has that great lentil chip flavor..... however.... the salt and pepper flavor is probably not the best for me. It's great when you are eating it, but that pepper comes back with a pop and makes these crunchy treats spicy. If you are not a fan of pepper, or spiciness, then I'd probably steer clear of this treat. With that being said, they are a great crunchy snack, but I would eat them by the handfuls. 




I will be getting another Nature Box next month for sure. It's a great way to snack without grabbing something filled with garbage. Want to give this Nature Box thing a try? Here's the link.



No comments: