Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day Back at Work

Well my first day back has been far better than I expected.

The day started off with my key not fitting in the lock of my classroom door. Luckly our FABULOUS janitor came and unlocked it for me. There was something stuck in the key hole. Well I thought it was fixed so he locked the door behind me.

No problem, except for when my class and I went to the computer lab and closed the door behind us...it locked. My key still didn't fit in the whole and we couldn't get back in. So the janitor came and some how picked the lock and did not relock the door.

I thought we were going to have to spend the first day back at school sitting in the teacher's room learning how to write a friendly letter. Would have made for an interesting day, that's for sure.

My kidos have been great. A lot more attentive and alert that normal. We've worked on the 5 steps of a friendly letter, learned a song to help us remember, AND wrote a letter to our janitor thanking him for helping us out today.

Math comes next after lunch and my kids LOVE MATH! We are going to start our Money Chapter. They can't wait. T minis 8 minutes and we will be adding up pennies, nickels and dimes.

Here's to a great rest of the day.


Edit: The rest of the day went REALLY well. The kids are getting math and they loved doing the writing activity I gave them at the end of the day. Now to catalog my classroom library.

No comments: