Friday, July 24, 2009
Creamy Spinach Ricotta Pasta (from family circle)
Makes: 8 Prep: 20min.
Bake: 425 for 25 min.
1 lb. Rigatoni
1 can (15oz)diced tomatoes with basil, onion and garlic
1 cup fresh chopped onions
1 box (10oz) frozen chopped spinach (drained)
2 1/2 c. jarred Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs (I used Panko)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Hear oven to 425 and coat 13X9 in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta following package directions. Drain; return to pot.
Stir in tomatoes and chopped onions.
3. Cook spinach in microwave following package directions. Squeeze out moisture. Transfer to a bowl. Add Alfredo sauce, ricotta, garlic salt and pepper; stir to combine.
4. Transfer spinach mixture to pasta pot; toss to combine.
Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish.
5. Mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan and oil. Sprinkle over pasta.
Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.