1c. (2 sticks) butter @ room temp.
1/2c. sifted powdered sugar (plus 1/2c for rolling dough in afterwards)
1tsp. vanilla extract
21/4c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4c. finely chopped pecans
1. Put pecans in food processor and chop until desired consistency. You want them finely chopped, but not over done.
2. In large bowl, beat butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
3. Sift together flour & salt, then stir into mixture combining well.
4. Mix in nuts.
5. Place dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
8. Place on ungreased baking sheet & press down SLIGHTLY.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes. DO NOT BROWN!
10. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
11. While dough is still warm, roll in extra confectioners sugar.
12. Let completely cool. Roll in confections sugar again.
Makes about 30!