Saturday, February 20, 2010

I've been meaning to post this...

About 2 weekends ago, I went to Anthropologie 1. because I LOVE that store. 2. I had a $75 gift card from my birthday (October) that I wanted to spend.

Their window displays always amaze me and I always end up wishing I can do something super cute like they do. However most of them take too much time or are too complicated. WELL, this past time they had SUCH A CUTE, and simple idea that is also a great way to recycle.

Take a look:




Do you know what those cute flowers are made out of? They are made of the tops of plastic (soda and etc.) bottles. CUTE RIGHT? I decided my class and I are going to make these. I'll cut the bottles off, and draw the flower petals on the tops. Then my kids can cut and paint them. We'll hang them from the ceiling of the classroom! It'll be cute I can see it now!

I can kick myself because I had students bring in TONS of these bottles because we used the bottle half for our Valentine's Day holders and we recycled the tops... now I need the tops!

No comments: