Friday, August 1, 2014

The Couch is here!

So if you read this post here about us getting a new couch, you'll know that we had to wait 1-3 weeks for it to be delivered. Well it's here and we love it. I got this Simmons sofa for $288 after a 20% off coupon I had at Big Lots. So thrilled I got such a killer deal. Doing a little research, I found that couch on a few different websites for close to $1000. I wanted to show you the couch, as it is now. It photographs on the darker side.

Those pillows on the couch came with it. I'm going to make new covers for them as we are going with a coastal theme in the living room and kitchen. The throw is there for now. I'm thinking of draping it over the arm of the couch or just not have it there at all.  Haven't decided.  The pillows on the floor are from our old family room. I'll be making covers for those as well. 

***

Now what to go above the couch.... well one of my best friends, Amanda, and I found this sign and I LOVE it. It's got the beachy/sandy vibe to it and I love the saying..... "When in doubt be the more generous of the two." Such a great message. I hope it works for over the couch. It's pretty heavy as it's made of metal so we're going to have to get a nail for the wall and hopefully it will hold.



No comments: