Thursday, May 31, 2012

Green Monster Spinach Smoothie

So, ok my friends, I've made a goal for myself this summer. What's the goal? To live a healthier life style, eating healthier and being more active.

I eat pretty healthy as it is, it's the being more active part I really need to work on. Since this is Texas and it's HOT, I've looked for things to do indoors to be active. Enter the Wii and AE Active and Just Dance 3. I've been playing both of these "games" and burning all kinds of calories jumping around the room.

Now from what I've been told after you work out, that's the time to stock up on protein. Looking for a tasty, and healthy way to do this, I found a GREAT smoothie on Pinterest, called the Green Monster Spinach Smoothie. This is great to drink after a workout, for lunch or breakfast!




Here's the recipe:

Serves 1

Ingredients:



1 frozen sliced banana

1 Tablespoon peanut butter

1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt

1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (or other kind of milk)

4 cups baby spinach (or more, or less) **I used 2 cups since this was my first time**

**I also added a handful of blue berries


Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on "Hight Blend" to mix it all up

Then use "liquify" to make the smoothie... well... nice and smooth.

***I put mine in the fridge to make it nice and cold before drinking.***

Nutritional stats:

350 calories, 10g fiber, 21g protein


The verdict:

YUM! I loved it. You seriously can not taste the spinach at all (which is what I was nervous about). The sweetness from the vanilla yogurt mixed with the peanut butter is so great! YUM!

2 comments:

Caryn B. said...

That looks awesome! My son could eat it if I subbed out the greek yogurt for almond milk yogurt. Awesome!

mrs.rappsclass said...

Oh Caryn, it was so good and very filling!