For dinner tonight I made baked mozzarella sticks and salad. My hubby loves fried mozzarella sticks, and I thought we'd give this a try. After last nights success with the healthy tacos I had more confidence going into tonights dinner. Results: SUCCESS! They turned out really well, the only thing I will change for next time is either use the tomato basil string cheese or add some italian seasoning to the inside of the wrappers.
Recipe from Pintrest
12 Wonton or Egg-Roll Wraps, at room temperature
12 Light or Fat-free Mozzarella String Cheese (or tomato basil string cheese)
Marinara Sauce (Low-Sodium) for Dipping
Small bowl with water, optional
*optional- italian seasoning.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take one of your room-temperature wraps (less likely to break and ooze cheese all over if room-temp and slightly wet) and lay on flat surface in front of you, like a diamond. Put cheese stick in middle, corner to corner (or slightly below).
3. Take the bottom corner and fold it up over the cheese stick and stick to other side of wrap tightly. You can add a few drops of the water here to make the wrap stick better.
4. Carefully (here is the part where the wrap can break), fold over the right and left corners of the wrap onto the cheese stick to completely cover the cheese.
5. Roll up the wrap.
6. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Use your judgement on the time. My cheese oozed out a bit. I'll use more water next time.
Some cheese escaped.
I used our Mickey Mouse had plates that our sweet little cousin got us for Christmas.