Sunday, April 11, 2010

Great Saturday

So yesterday my leadership class was canceled because the speaker went into labor. HA! So ok, congrats to her.

I spent the rest of the day with my friend Amanda. She's a new friend I met this year at work. She's a 4th grade teacher. We have gotten to know each other as we worked on yearbook and have hung out, outside of school several times.

Long story short, Amanda is hosting a Bridal Shower, but the bridesmaids names on the "Hosted By" and no one is helping. They offer and there is no follow through. I know how she feels and how much work it is, and how much stress it creates, so I offered to help her.

We spent all day yesterday shopping and making shower favors. Engagement story, the guy got take out and had a special fortune cookie made for his bride to be. The fortune said will you marry me. CUTE NO? So Amanda and I got Chinese take out boxes, decorated them in the bride's wedding colors and bought fortune cookies to stick inside. We were working until 7pm or so... but we busted them out! They look cute, and I feel better knowing that's one less thing for her to worry about!

Spending time with her was awesome. After the long two and a half (or so)years here where I thought I'd never make any friends I could hang out with outside of the work place, she was like a bright light. I am so happy and blessed to have her be put in my life.

Sorry no pictures of the take out containers.

No comments: