Monday, June 17, 2013

Churro Cheesecake Squares aka, Cinnamon Cheesecake Squares

Going through my never ending binder of print out recipes that I have, I stumbled across this one for Churro Cheesecake Squares. It sounded so amazing that even though the hubs isn't a cheesecake fan I had to try it out. 

Not sure where it was from as there is no web address on this print out. But thank you whoever you are who shared this yummy recipe on the web.

Here's the skinny on how to make these yummy treats.

Ingredients 

* 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls (I used the flakey butter kind)
*2 packages of Cream Cheese (The 8 oz. bricks)
*1 tsp Vanilla
*1 egg, beaten slightly
*1 cup sugar divided
* 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon 

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Mix together (I used my stand mixer but you can use a hand held) egg, 1/2 cup of sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese. 
In a separate cook mix together the rest of the sugar (1/2 c) and the cinnamon and set it aside for later.
3. Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray and sprinkle half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan. 
4. On a piece of parchment paper, roll out one tube of the crescent roll dough and press the seams together so it doesn't separate while baking. *Tip: do this while the dough is cold so it doesn't stick as much. 
5. carefully lay the dough in the pan.
6. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the dough evenly. 
7. Unroll the other tube of chilled dough and do exactly the same thing and lay it on top of the cheesecake mixture. 
8. Spread the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture ontop of the dough evenly. 
9. Pop it in the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. 


Wasn't planning on posting this recipe so the photo isn't the best. 


I made a little mistake (adding the cinnamon sugar mixture) into the actual cheese cake because I misread the directions however, it still turned out REALLY good. I gave most of the squares to my neighbors since I knew I'd end up eating the whole 9X13 pan of them. They were extremely happy last night when I dropped them off. Mr. H. said: "Anytime you make cheesecake anything feel free to bring it on over to us". HA! 

No comments: