My first recipe of the summer is a sweet treat.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Pretzel Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup broken up pretzel pieces
- Pretzel Salt or Sea Salt or Kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or if you don't have one in a large bowl and a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugars
together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Beat your egg
- On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and vanilla extract and combine. *Tip: make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of the dough and sprinkle with pretzel salt. *Tip: These cookies don't spread out that much so shape them how you'd like them to look when they come out of the oven.
- Leave about 2 inches between each ball and bake for 10 minutes. Like crunchier cookies, leave them in for a minute or two longer.
- If you prefer crispier cookies increase the baking
time by 1-2 minutes.
This makes about 2 dozen cookies.
I am not sure where this recipe came from as I just have it in a binder from a word document that was typed out. I know there are quite a few recipes out there like this one though.